The Health Benefits Of Green Tea You Cannot Ignore
Health benefits of Green Tea
- Boost the immune system to promote overall health: Green tea contains a wide range of bioactive compounds and important nutrients that make it more of a health drink rather than simple tea. It contains polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are powerful antioxidants and fight free radicals in the body that tend to destroy cells and lead to many diseases. Green tea also contains EpigallocatechinGallate which is a powerful compound that gives green tea its medicinal properties and makes it apt for curing many diseases. Green tea also contains several important nutrients that improve the immunity of the body and also the overall health.
- Improve brain function: Green tea is known to stimulate the brain and improve its function. Green tea contains caffeine that affects the various aspects of the brain functions and thus stimulates the brain. Green tea improves vigilance, reaction time and memory as well as concentration. Green tea also contains amino acid L-theanine which increases the activity of inhibitory neurotransmitters that have anti- anxiety effects.
- Lowers the risk of cancer: Cancer is caused when the cells get damaged due to oxidative stress and other reasons. Green tea contains powerful antioxidants that fight against the free radicals that increase oxidative stress and damage the cells. Green tea helps to lower the risks of various types of cancer including breast cancer, prostate cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s: Green tea is beneficial for the brain in the long term as well. It contains catechins that have protective effects on the neurons and thus prevent from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s which are the most common neuro-degenerative disorders that people develop in the old age.
- Improves dental health: Green tea contains catechins that inhibit the growth of streptococcus mutans which are bacteria that are responsible for poor dental health. This bacterium causes plaque formation and leads to cavities and tooth decay. Green tea promotes dental health and even helps in reducing bad breath.
- Lowers risk of infections: The anti-viral properties of green tea enable it to fight and kill viruses like influenza. Green tea also has anti-bacterial properties that inhibit the growth of bacteria in the body and this green tea is a great way of lowering the risks of infections. The catechins in the green tea give it the anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
- Lowers risk of Type 2 diabetes: Research has proved that green tea contains compounds that can lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity. Thus green tea helps to prevent the development of type 2 diabetes in the long run.
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases: Green tea contains antioxidants that protect the LDL cholesterol from oxidation and thus helps to maintain the cholesterol levels in the body. Green tea also lowers the bad cholesterol levels in the body thus ensuring a healthy heart. It thus helps to protect against cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
- Helps to lose weight: Green tea boosts the metabolic rate of the body and thus helps to burn more fats enabling one to lose more weight. Green tea also helps to reduce fats especially in the abdominal area.
- Promotes bone health: Green tea improves the bone health as well as the bone density in the body. It helps to slow down the aging of bones and prevents them from fractures. Green tea even helps to prevent problems like osteoporosis and arthritis from developing by ensuring healthy bones.
- Boosts energy levels: Green tea contains caffeine that improves the physical performance by providing the body with instant energy. Green tea works on the fatty acids by mobilizing them from the fat tissues and making them available for use as energy.